Myrto Papadopoulos is a photographer, educator and filmmaker. Her work tends to focus on issues surrounding gender, identity, and trauma.
She finished her studies in 2003 after completing a five-year Fine Arts degree, majored in painting and photography. In 2006, she applied for a documentary photography degree at the ICP(International Centre of Photography) in New York, where she was granted a scholarship.
She is an IMEDD fellow for 2019 - 2020, she has been nominated for the Prix Pictet, the Magnum Foundation grant and is a winner of the Magenta Foundation.
Her work has been awarded and presented in solo and group exhibitions e.g.
- Athens Photo Festival 2019 - official section, Athens
- PHotoESPAÑA 2019 - official section, Madrid
- TBLISI Photo Festival 2018, Tbilisi
- IDFA Doc Lab 2017, Amsterdam
- Lishui Photography Festival 2015, China
- Tositsa Foundation 2016 - Solo Exhibition, Athens
- Flash Forward Exhibition 2013, Toronto & Washington DC
- Athens Photo Festival 2011 - solo exhibition, Athens
- DUMBO Arts Festival 2011, NY
- LOOK3 Between Festival 2010, Virginia
- PHOTOQUAI - Museé Quai Branly 2009, Paris
- Mois off De La Photo 2008, Paris
Her clients include: Smithsonian Magazine, Nationalgeographic.com, TIME Magazine, GEO, The New York Times, WSJ, Le Monde, The Guardian, The Washington Post, DIE ZEIT, BBC , ARTE TV, among others.
She is represented by Redux Pictures in NY and is a member of Women Photograph.